Sunday 29 September 2013

SEEK OUT YOUR DREAMS

Source: designurge
So for a couple of months now, I've been on the systems but have only recently been actively looking for a project. Matching Mania took place just last Saturday and in itself, it was an intense and hectic experience - talking to people about the projects and then nek minnit, Skype interview! What's even more awkward and cringeworthy is that I had to have mine whilst my brother and sister were around - brother was yelling at the dogs to stop barking, and sister was walking in and out looking for food. Thank gosh, all of this happened in the first interview where there wasn't video! Somehow I managed to get through the interview relatively well, and got a matching offer for a project in Czech Republic!

For my next interview, the girl interviewing me (who was really pretty and nice) requested a video call soooooo .... I had a Skype interview with disheveled, yucky hair. Oh well. It was slightly more nerve-wracking the second time round, because I was really keen on Poland.  What made it more tricky is that she could only give me a verdict like an hour after the interview, which kept me on my toes for that extra hour (y'know, instead of studying or doing my assignment that was due two days after). So when I got the email saying I got another matching offer, I literally ran around my lounge room in excitement! That said, since all these offers are from Matching Mania, I never really got to research and prepare myself for the prospect of the projects so I'm going to do that in the coming days.

To be honest, I'm slightly leaning towards Poland and it's mainly because other people in the LC have had wonderful experiences in Poland and I know it may be a bit 'herd mentality' but I think... having that assurance coupled with an openness to a country like Poland where I haven't yet romanticised would be a really challenging and interesting experience. My main dilemma is whether to choose between teaching Kindergarten kids or high schoolers. I want to apply soon. Maybe now. *FINGERS CROSSED*

So, with all the balls rolling in motion (is that the saying? I'm horrible at idioms! Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to further embarrass myself in real life), I'll try my best to post updates about the tiny toddler steps I take towards getting on the flight of a lifetime! Hopefully, once I'm overseas I'll be able to post more regularly (and sacrifice more sleep in the process)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment